The French Riviera in the 1920s
The French Riviera was the center of creativity during the 1920s and early ’30s. Artists and writers from the far reaches of the world gathered to fashion a new way of life—among them Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald, Gerald and Sara Murphy, Picasso, Picabia, Stravinsky, Cocteau, Diaghilev, and Anna de Noailles. A photobiography of this carefree era, The French Riviera in the 1920s revitalizes the now-legendary tale of these mythic personalities caught between a desire for creation, the quest for happiness, and the looming darkness of World War II. With extraordinary images taken from personal archives, these pages depict firsthand the lifestyles and artwork of some of the most influential artists of the 20th century.
- 256 pages
- 200 illustrations
- English language
- Released in August 2014
- W 11.18 x L 14.05 x D 2.04 in
- Hardcover in a luxury slipcase
Writer Xavier Girard is an art historian and critic, essayist, and professor of art history. A Chevalier of Arts and Letters, he has also directed and curated numerous artistic events. His previously published books with Assouline include The Mediterranean: From Homer to Picasso (2001); Bauhaus (2003); and Paris in the 1920s with Kiki de Montparnasse (2012). He also published L’Oursin and Trois hommes dans un jardin with André Dimanche. Since 2008, he has also dedicated himself to sculpture and photography.
Chair Height: 20"
Chair Width: 20" D: 22" H: 13"
Seat Height H: 19"
Arm Height H: 24.50"
Scheduled local pick-up can be coordinated via phone. Call us at a 512-451-5511
White Glove Delivery within Central Texas.
The French Riviera in the 1920s
What methods of payment do you accept?
- Visa™, Mastercard™, American Express™, and Discover™ credit cards with a billing address in the United States
- John-William Interiors Gift Cards
Does John-William Interiors charge sales tax?
- John-William Interiors collect sales tax on all orders made within the U.S.
Do you accept international billing addresses?
- No, we do not accept international billing addresses for credit cards. We only accept credit cards with U.S. billing addresses.
John-William Interiors was unable to authorize my credit card. What should I do?
Shipping & Delivery
Where do you ship?
- Decor items are available to be shipped nationwide. All furniture is local pick-up only.
Does John-William Interiors have a white-glove delivery service?
- We only provide white-glove delivery through our JW Trade Program that is open to local interior designers.
What are the guidelines for local pickup?
- Scheduled local pick-up can be coordinated via phone and we will do our best to accommodate your preferences. We can store at no additional charge for 60 days, but if you need special accommodations, please contact our team.
I am not local and would like my items to be shipped to me. What should I do?
- Even though we do not offer nationwide shipping, we will be more than happy to help assist you with that shipping project. You will be responsible for hiring a 3rd party for shipping and we will be there to help guide them. John-William Interiors is not responsible for hiring a 3rd party and is not responsible for any damage that may occur during the shipping process.
A DESIGN PARTNER YOU CAN TRUST
Our combination of service and product makes John-William Interiors unique and allows us the ability to provide high quality results to our clients.
Our staff is knowledgeable about every aspect of the selection process and can provide informed recommendations and solutions to almost any home furnishing need. Each has a minimum 20 years' experience and have seen many trends come and go.
VIEW OUR DESIGN PORTFOLIO
At John-William Interiors, we believe in classic, everlasting designs; whether it be contemporary, traditional, or something in between. We help create a beautifully designed timeless space that our clients love coming home to each day. Our years of experience, sophisticated craftsmanship, exceptional quality, and designer pricing are just a few of the qualities that help create these elevated spaces.
JW TRADE PROGRAM
If you are a designer in Austin, Texas, and the surrounding area, we invite you to apply to JW Trade — we treat your clients as our own and will work with you directly to best facilitate your vision for your client.